The Most Common Questions
Here's what everybody is asking. But, you're not everyone!
So if you have more questions or need help, you can always contact us.
How Does It Work?
We use an audio recognition technology that allows you to interact with your favorite radio stations (in supported areas). While listening to a Clip-enabled station, open the app and press the “clip it” button. The Clip Radio App will automatically determine what you're listening to. It's that simple!
How Do I Get Free Music?
Clip Radio allows you to download select songs for free. After you Clip a free song, you’ll have the ability to download an mp3 file and save it directly to your free Dropbox account. Learn more about Dropbox
Why Are Only Some Stations Clip Enabled?
The Clip Radio App uses some pretty awesome technology to recognize what you’re hearing on the radio. In order for the app to perform, we need to install special equipment in the station’s broadcast area. We are continuously working to bring as many stations online. If your favorite station is not yet clip enabled, tell us and we'll reach out to the station to let them know their listeners want Clip Radio functionality for their station.
Is Every Song Available For Free Download?
While many of the songs you hear are available for free download, there are some that are not. We’re working on partnerships with all of the record labels so we can give you even more free music.
How Do I Create An Account?
Simply download the app to your smartphone or tablet and open the app. You’ll be prompted to create an account right after the welcome tutorial. Otherwise, click on the Settings icon and click on the account tab to create an account. We suggest using your Facebook account.
Why Should I Create A Clip User Account?
You don’t need an account to use the Clip Radio. However, if you want access to features like the ability to download music, participate in station promotions, giveaways and enter contests you will need an account. Your account also allows us to deliver to you special content and any prizes you might win.
Why Do I Have To Create A Dropbox Account For Free Music Downloads?
We have partnered with Dropbox for the ability to transfer free music files to Clip Radio App users. There are several benefits to partnering with Dropbox:
- Music is delivered in an mp3 file format allowing you to listen to the music in a number of different devices and players.
- Dropbox lives in the cloud. This means you can access your free music from your phone, PC, laptop or tablet – from just about anywhere.
To access Dropbox from your PC, laptop or tablet, simply log in or create a Dropbox account.
What Are The Steps For Receiving Free Music?
- Download the Clip Radio App
- Create a Clip user account
- Clip your favorite radio stations and look for the free music clip
- Follow the prompts to download the free music
NOTE: You will only need to create a Clip user account and Dropbox account one time. From then on, every time you clip for free music you can download the song instantly!
Click Here to Watch a Video Explaining Free Music Downloads
Why Don’t I See A Dropbox Icon On My Phone?
Why Can’t I Find My Song In My Dropbox Folder?
We are working hard to ensure every song is delivered to you instantly. However, you may occasionally experience an error during the download process. If you do, please email our support team and they'll be happy to assist you.
How Do I Reset Or Change My Password?
You can reset or change your password anytime. Just follow the steps below.
Forgot your password:
- If you’ve signed up or log in with Facebook, you’ll need to recover you password.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, tap the “Settings” icon in the bottom right-hand section of your screen and choose “Account.” There you’ll find the “Forgot your password” link.
Change your password:
If you would like to change your current password, tap the “Settings” icon in the bottom right-hand section of your screen and choose “Account”. Choose “change your password”. Note: You must be signed in to your account to do this.
How Do I Make Sure Location Services Are Enabled?
The Clip Radio App detects your current geographic location in order to send you relevant clips. Location services on your smartphone uses GPS along with Wi-Fi hotspots and cell tower locations to determine your approximate location. To enable your location services, simply navigate to your smartphone settings and make sure location services are enabled. If you prefer, you may choose a location from the Location menu within the Clip Radio App settings.
How Do I Know If I’ve Entered A Contest/Promotion?
In order to enter a contest or promotion, you must have a Clip Radio App user account and be logged in when you clip. If you receive a contest, promo or sweepstakes item, just tap the item. Once the item detail screen appears, you may be asked to provide information or share your contact details. Simply agree to any terms or conditions and tap the button to enter. That’s it!
When Will I Find Out If I’m A Winner?
Once the contest period ends, instructions outlining the process for prize redemption will be communicated to all winners by email.
When I listen to streaming radio on one device (e.g. laptop or tablet) and try to clip the radio with another device (e.g. smartphone) I receive a “Station Not Found” error. What am I doing wrong?
The Clip Radio App works best when clipping an “over-the-air” radio broadcast. While it is possible to "clip" a streaming audio signal from another device, sometimes the stream playing on that device suffers from quick pauses and "re-buffers." When this happens, Clip has trouble matching the audio. The mismatch often causes the returned clip items to be incorrect or can trigger the “Station Not Found” error message. We are working accommodating streaming signals and hope to improve this functionality in the near future.
Is My Smartphone Supported?
Currently, the Clip Radio App supports iPhone devices running iOS 5.0 or later and Android devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or later. The Clip Radio App is not currently optimized for tablets. Our team is working to support new technologies, so be sure to check back for updates.
I Keep Getting “Station Not Found” Errors.
The Clip Radio App uses audio recognition technology to identify the audio segments you are clipping. Occasionally, you may receive a “Station Not Found” error. There are a few scenarios that may cause this:
- Location Services - Make sure that either your location services are enabled on your smartphone, or that you have selected an appropriate location from within the Clip Radio App settings. Without either of these features selected, the app will not recognize your location and will not be able to deliver local deals, free music, contests and other clips.
- Faint Audio Capture – If the music or audio you are trying to clip is too quiet, the app may not be able to complete recognition. Try increasing the volume.
- Background Noise – The audio identification signal may get confused if there is too much background noise. So, as much as you or your friends like to sing along, try to keep the background noise to a minimum until the broadcast is recognized.
- Streaming Audio Signal – The Clip Radio App works best when you are listening to a radio broadcast over airwaves. We are working on some improvements that will allow you to clip when listening to an audio stream through the web on your computer.
- The Station May Not Be Clip Enabled – The Clip Radio App only works with clip-enabled radio stations. If your favorite station is not clip enabled, tell us and we’ll reach out to the station to let them know their listeners want an interactive station.
If you continue to receive the “Station Not Found” error message, please contact us.
Where do I find rules for Clip Radio sweepstakes and giveaways?
Clip Radio supports a variety of sweepstakes and giveaways. When we administer the giveaway, our rules can be found here. When a Clip Radio partner administers the giveaway, you can find the rules on their website. Typically, giveaway rules will also be viewable by clicking through the “clip” or offer that informed you of the opportunity.